The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults who are involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all.This Safeguarding Policy is based on the Safeguarding Policy Statement of the Church of England that was agreed and published by the House of Bishops in 2017. It sets out the Safeguarding Policy of the Diocese of London and in particular a summary of the roles and responsibilities of all church bodies and office holders as we work together to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults who are involved in church activities.
This policy makes six overarching policy commitments:
- To promote a safer environment and culture
- To enable and ensure safe recruitment practice and to support all those within the Church with any responsibility related to children, young people, and vulnerable adults
- To respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- To offer pastoral care to victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- To offer pastoral care to those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- To respond to those who may pose a present risk to others.
Click here to read the Temple Church Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read ‘Promoting a Safer Diocese: A Safeguarding Policy for the Diocese of London’.
Click here to read the ‘Parish Safeguarding Handbook’.
The Temple Church Safeguarding Officer is Liz Clarke.