The Temple Church was built by the Knights Templar. The Round Church was consecrated in 1185 and the Chancel dates from the 1230s. In 1308, the Temple Church contained ‘two pairs of organs’ and, in the vestry, ‘twenty-eight choir copes and four little copes for the choristers.’
Seven hundred years later, the Temple Church still resounds to music being made to the glory of God. The Temple Church Choir and the fine Harrison & Harrison organ can also be heard in concert, along with two professional ensembles based at the church: The Temple Singers and The Temple Players.
We are delighted to announce that the Temple Church Choir is now represented by Hazard Chase.